"The amount of creative work and collaboration going on in Ajo is breathtaking."
- James and Deborah Fallows, The Atlantic
Ajo is a wonderful community with lots to discover. Here are some links and resources to help you prepare for your visit:
- Our Co-Directors Emily & Stuart Siegel's "Ajo Top Ten" List
- Sample itineraries for some ideas of the great programming we can create for your group.
- Our staff put together this list of local and regional dining options. Note that open hours shift seasonally; it's always best to call ahead.
- Check out our Upcoming Events page to see what's coming up at the Conference Center.
- The Ajo Chamber of Commerce has lots of information about town events and festivals
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument's Visitor Center is 40 miles south of Ajo, and is a great resource for exploring the Monument.
- Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge's Visitor Center is in town with information on hikes and drives throughout miles of the surrounding desert.
- The Ajo Center for Sustainable Agriculture is a lead partner on the weekly Authentically Ajo Farmers Market and runs frequent workshops and events. If you're interested in learning more about the farm during your stay, please contact ACSA Director Nina Sajovec at email@example.com in advance. Private tours are available by appointment only.
- Ajo Art Self-guided Tour of public, community, and outsider art.
- Ajo Scenic Loop map and guide for a 10-mile drive through the desert around the back side of the mine, just minutes from town.
- Ajo Mountain Bike Trails brochure/map of beginner to advanced trails is available in the Conference Center office.
Banner photo: Bill Perry